Although Ushongo Beach is very much off the beaten track of Northern Circuit and Zanzibar, nowadays it is surprisingly easy to reach Mike’s Beach Cottages by Bus, Car or Airplane. We have collected all the directions to Ushongo Beach, Pangani for you, and Ushongo beach cottages where you are going to have an amazing stay with us!
Directions By Bus To / From Tanga
Cost 2,000 Tsh, 1.5 hours, Buses to Pangani and Ushongo departing from Tanga bus stand are not really on a fixed schedule. In Pangani take a Dalla Dalla (1000 Tsh) or cross the river with the ferry to Bweni and take a MotoTaxi (Boda Boda) for 5000 Tsh to Ushongo.
Directions By Bus To / From Arusha
Follow the main road through Moshi, take a right turn at Himo in the direction of Dar Es Salaam, and then proceed to Segera. Here at the junction to Dar Es Salaam, continue straight on to Tanga for 35kms until the town of Muheza.
Directions By Car From Arusha
- Follow the main road through Moshi, take a right turn at Himo in the direction of Dar Es Salaam, and then proceed to Segera. Here at the junction to Dar Es Salaam, continue straight on to Tanga for 35kms until the town of Muheza.
- Turn right at the first fuel station on the right hand side, which takes you on a dirt road for 42kms to the Tanga/Pangani junction.
- Turn right toward Pangani and to the ferry. The ferry crossing operates daily from 0600 – 2200hrs.
- After the ferry crossing, turn left and go up the hill. Stay on main road for 12km until you see sign on left side at the end of the sisal field. Continue for 3.5km and follow signs to Mike’s Beach Cottages.
Directions By Car From Dar es Salaam
Follow the main road to Chalinze and at the Morogoro/Segera junction turn right to Segera. At Segera, turn right and follow the Arusha instructions above
Follow the main road to Chalinze and at the Morogoro/Segera junction, drive towards Segera. After approximately 113kms, at the small town of Mkata, you turn right onto a dirt road that takes you to the coastal town of Mkwaja. Continue the dirt road to Pangani, passing the small villages of Sakura & Mikinguni. The next village along is Mwera, continue along for another 10km and then follow the signs to Mike’s Beach Cottages.
The following companies offer daily flights to KwaJoni airstrip which is 5 minutes from Mike’s beach cottages. From Dar es Salaam to KwaJoni via Zanzibar & Sadaani and from Arusha via Moshi and Tanga. Booking a minimum of two persons is normally required to land at KwaJoni airstrip.
- Coastal – www.coastal.co.tz
- Zanair – www.zanair.com
- Auric Air – www.auricair.com
- Safari Link – www.flysal.com
When you stay at Mike’s Beach Cottages, transfers from airstrip are free of charge.
Transfers from airstrip are free of charge if you stay at Mike’s Beach Cottages.